About Me

My photo
We were married on June 18th surrounded by all our friends and family. We live in Oklahoma and love it. It is beginning to feel more and more like home. I love the trees, our church and the people! Everyone has made us feel so welcome and a part of this community. We both have great jobs, that we love going to every day! Life is good, God is good!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our First Year!

We made it to one year.
I can't think of anything special or witty to write.
We had a good year. It was full of ups and downs.
It was FULL of growing pains.
It was full of learning experiences.
It was full of temper tantrums... thrown by me.
It was full of compassion given by the hubs.
It has been full of new puppies.
It has been full of big plans.

I look forward to another 50 plus years with this amazing man!! I am truly blessed.
Here are a few pictures to recap our fun year.

We started our first year off by ... getting married. We thought it would be a fun way to kick things off! :)
Our first home!

This is moments before beginning the worst camping trip of my life. And that even includes the time it was so cold we couldn't keep a fire going to cook our food. (I wish I had a picture to commemorate the end of that trip, it as the best part of the whole thing... but it would not be pretty!) The trip was full of spiders in the car, freezing nights and one particular boxer puking all over our bed in the tent.

Cami Joe and Buster Boy! Our first two babies... they love each other!

Dudley Doodles... our newest addition!

We made a trip home in August to pick up a few things that were left in Midland... most importantly my baby girl!! On the way we stopped by Pampa to see my family. This is the first picture with nearly all the grand kids in it. The only one missing is Brandon. We have GOT to make it happen one of these days...

Farmers market... this is a fun steam engine train!!
May 1st. My sweeties 30th birthday... he ran the 1/2 marathon and I walk/run/joggished the 5K!

We have bought our first house... well almost. In a little over a week it will all be final! 


We did so many more fun things like, finding new friends, starting a small group, getting involved in our church, a couple trips, a few random fun dates, a trip to a zoo close to town, I started a new job, we had family come visit, I had a friend come visit, we set up the 'envelope' system... we did so many fun things and I can't hardly wait to see what the next year holds.

My mom and dad sent us a card that summed up our year...

What is Marriage? 
Its vacuuming carpets and hammering nails. 
Its saving a dollar by shopping at sales... 
It's balancing checkbooks and paying off bills. 
Its cleaning the windows and mopping up spills. 
It's doing the laundry and matching up socks. 
It's a washer that dies when the car needs new shocks ...
It's two busy schedules, but one happy life,
With each moment you share as husband and wife!

The card also included a couple gift cards for dinner out. :)
Andrew's parents sent us Flowers that were amazing... I have pictures but not loaded yet.

Thank you to all who have supported and loved us through this year of growing pains. You are all special to us. We are blessed to call you family and friends!


Happy Anniversary My love! I look forward to sharing many more with you!
Heather-Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment