About Me

My photo
We were married on June 18th surrounded by all our friends and family. We live in Oklahoma and love it. It is beginning to feel more and more like home. I love the trees, our church and the people! Everyone has made us feel so welcome and a part of this community. We both have great jobs, that we love going to every day! Life is good, God is good!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead...

We are encountering on a new adventure. Yup, The Schumacher's have drank the crazy Kool-aid.
We have decided to try a Juice Fast. But not just any juice fast. The Fast we are talking about comes from the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead . In this documentary Joe Cross, who is from Australia, decides it is time to get his life under-control. He comes to America (why I'm not sure) to travel and to do this Juice Fast. He buys organic fruits and vegetables and juices them from the back of his car.


I would advise you to check out his website and to watch the documentary. Andrew came across it on Netflix and we watched it with some friends. By the end of the show I was nearly in tears when I saw the transformation that happened to this one man on there. It was beautiful.

In the documentary, someone used the phrase "committing suicide with food" (I'll watch it again tonight to get the correct quote... but that jumped out and grabbed my attention. Many of you know about my family history with suicide and you KNOW that I have personal issues with it. (really who shouldn't). But that is what we are doing as we are poisoning our bodies with processed garbage. I don't want to die one day only for my husband to have to tell our children that their mommy didnt love herself or them enough to take care of myself. 

Benefits of Doing the Reboot Entry followed by a healthy eating lifestyle: (which is what we are doing)

  • Boost the number of fruit/vegetable servings you can ingest in a day
  • Break the cycle of unhealthy eating
  • Retrain your brain to crave fruits and vegetables
  • Manage your weight
  • Promote a lifestyle that will lower risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, macular degeneration, cognitive decline and mental illness including depression
  • Promote longevity
  • Decrease aches and pains in joints and muscles
  • Improve your immunity
  • Promote increased energy levels
  • Promote healthy skin, nails and hair
  • Gain greater access to digestive enzymes locked away in whole produce through juicing

So many of those pertain to me personally. The ones that I am the most excited about are Promoting a lifestyle that will lower the risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, macular degeneration, cognitive decline and mental illness including depression; Promoting an increase in my energy levels and promoting healthy skin,  nails and hair.

If you know me you know that I suffer from depression (regardless if it is genetic or not... I want it GONE! I am done letting satan have a foothold in my emotions!), I also tend to have a VERY low level of energy unless I have recently had some caffeine or just taken a nap and my skin has given me issues sense I was a pre-teen.

So starting Monday August 8, 2011 the Schumacher's are going to do a Juice Fast for 15 days. This will be a big step for me. If you know my wonderful husband you will not doubt his ability to stick with it, but if you know me... you will know that I give in. I quit when things get hard. I run away. I give into my weaknesses so easily. I know that during this process there will be many things that change. I figure go big or go home right...? I'm going to tackle many issues in life... to be discussed tomorrow.

If you are interested in Juicing... feel free to contact me either via email or facebook. I'd love to share what I have learned... or give you over to my smarty pants husband who can answer. If you want to do this with us... contact me soon! We would love to build a community to fast with.

Blessings and love to you all!


{{All information was taken from the website Join the Reboot from the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead  website. I was not paid to write this review or to voice my opinion about the matter.}}
Heather-Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment