About Me

My photo
We were married on June 18th surrounded by all our friends and family. We live in Oklahoma and love it. It is beginning to feel more and more like home. I love the trees, our church and the people! Everyone has made us feel so welcome and a part of this community. We both have great jobs, that we love going to every day! Life is good, God is good!!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back where it all started...

When I started teaching it was with some hesitancy that I took a job at my very first elementary school, teaching kindergarten. I student taught in first and third grade and loved the older of the two. It was fun to interact with 'big kids'! However, I was highly encouraged to apply and interview for every January opening that came up. (I think this was the only one.) I took the job and jumped in feet first and managed to survive that first semester.
I stayed in Midland and taught there for 4 years before getting married and moving to Bartlesville with my love. My second year hear I was offered a job teaching PreK! Again I jumped in and bobbed with my head barely above water. I had a blast in PreK but because I was the last teacher hired... if we didn't have enough kids to fill 4 classes, my job was on the line. I spent most of my summer putting this idea behind me... but towards the end it started getting a bit stressful!
July 26 I received a call from the new principle at my school asking me if I would be interested in interviewing for a Kindergarten position at my school. I worked some stuff around so I could make it happen.
And...
It all worked out. Later that day I was offered the job. This changed some of my plans for the end of summer but it all has worked out beautifully.
My mom came up here and has worked the past 3 days to help me get settled and moved into my classroom. We worked hard, but had fun working together again. It was hard to get ready last year with out here there to help.
Because we were so busy I didn't stop long enough to take pictures but here is a collage of the things I have been working on at home and one of me and mom.

I'll post pictures of my class this weekend after I get it all done! :)

We watched the Olympics, made several Starbucks runs for some "Nectar of Life"
and I got my crafting on and covered this cute "K" and mod podged some ugly plastic drawers. 
I also couldn't have done this with out the love, support and help of my friends here in Bartlesville (you girls know who you are) and the patience of my husband. Thank you all for everything from the encouraging words to the Sonic "Happy Hour" runs! 



Heather-Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment