About Me

My photo
We were married on June 18th surrounded by all our friends and family. We live in Oklahoma and love it. It is beginning to feel more and more like home. I love the trees, our church and the people! Everyone has made us feel so welcome and a part of this community. We both have great jobs, that we love going to every day! Life is good, God is good!!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The fun had to end eventually...

Emma and Ben were here for almost a week. What a great week it was. Full of fun and memories!! Just how I like things! 

While we didn't get to do EVERYTHING I wanted to do... We did get to do a few fun things. Unfortunately I didn't feel great all week... I have not been sleeping well for over a month and this heat has been giving me horrible headaches. Anyways... We did get to do some crafting. Even Ben was excited about this!! And well since my recent craft room clean-up I LOVE all things crafty...!! 

After all the crafting was done it was time to work laundry, pack their bags and head home. It was a sad but exciting day... the plan was for me to take the kids to Dallas and us to stay the night there. Then get up Friday morning and drive to Midland with my mom. We would stay there until Wednesday August 1 and then Mom and I would drive the kids back to Dallas, drop them off... and then head up to Bartlesville to work on my house or classroom.
That was the plan on Wednesday night at 6:00... at 6:30 I got an unknown call that left a message. At 8:30 (on our way to get ICE CREAM) I checked the message... this call changed ALL our plans. But I'll update you on that in the next blog ... bahahahahaha!! 

Ben with the "B" he decorated for his bedroom. We made a few mistakes so we had to add the polka dots on one side. but I LOVE it! 
 Benny- You are the sweetest, cuddliest, silliest boy I know! I never got tired of your hugs, kisses, high fives and constant noises. Ok maybe I got a little tired of the noises... but I miss them now! You made my heart grow with so much love when you offered to pray for me the night before we left. You prayed the simplest but most sincere prayer. I love seeing you as a big kid... you are not a baby anymore! Thank you for sharing your special personality with us.
I love you so much!!
Emma with her awesome clipboard for her to do homework on. It even coordinates with her big girl bedroom that her mommy and my mama decorated while she was with me. 
 Emma Jane-
For years I watched your mom get ready in the bathroom. On Sunday morning I was overwhelmed with emotion as you sat in my bathroom and watched me get ready. Then we talked while I fixed your hair.
I loved hearing your silly girly giggles and all the funny things you say. You are turning into quite the funny young lady. It is fun to be able to be a little sarcastic and you get it!
When you prayed for me, the night before we left, it left me in tears. Sweet girl you spoke to Jesus from your heart. It was more passionate than I have ever heard an 11 year old speak. You are very wise and knowledgeable about the Bible and how we are called to act as Christians. Thank you for your reminders.
Speaking of those reminders ... I'll end with a story about Coffee... one that involves you and Ben and will not quickly leave my memory.

I love you and can't wait to see the teenager you are going to become. Please keep pursuing the Lord and let Him guide your steps. You will take many BIG steps in the next few years! !


A good story!!
While we were on the way to Dallas... we were all exhausted, ready to be there and the Tom Tom had sent me 90 miles OUT OF THE WAY!! While I was trying to get out of Oklahoma City.. (Yes.. Oklahoma City.... Thank you GPS... I think I'll stick to a real map next time!) Anyways... I get a call that gave me some GOOD NEWS! This good news was cause to celebrate. Ben suggested that we get some "Nectar of the Gods!" which is what I have referred to coffee as for a long time and Ben thought it was hilarious ... so it had a special meaning this week. After Ben and I finished whooping and hollering in the car, Emma politely says "Ummmm I don't feel comfortable with that saying. There is only ONE God." I agreed with her but told her that I was being sarcastic. (We had talked about this early when she was helping me blog about my craft room.) I told her that people knew that I exaggerate things, and sarcasm is a way to communicate that helps make your story funny or more interesting, and that if you do it right people know you are being silly. She then said "But Heather, if a non Christian hears you, they won't know you are being sarcastic. They might think you really think there is more than one real God." Ben and I calmed down and agreed with her. After all she was right... if a non christian heard me ... it would be miss-leading. Ben then suggested it be called "Nectar of Life!!" so it has become just that. "Sweet sweet Nectar of LIFE!!"
I'm so grateful for a little cousin who isn't scared to call our her overly sarcastic and obnoxious big cousin!
Nectar of ... LIFE! 
Heather-Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment